[Dovecot] MANAGESIEVE patch v5 for dovecot 1.0.2

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Jul 31 02:41:11 EEST 2007

Hello dovecot users,

I have finally updated the MANAGESIEVE patch to fix the currently known
small problems with the protocol implementation. Also, I included a
proxy implementation based on imap-proxy.c. This patch is designed for
dovecot release 1.0.2 and it will not apply cleanly to the 1.1 versions
yet.

Change Log V5
-------------

- Applied patch by Uldis Pakuls to fix master_dump_settings bug
- Added some compilation/installation info to the README
- Moved README to source tree's root as README.managesieve
- Fixed minor error handling bug in sieve_storage.c with respect to a
   missing root directory.
- Now sieve capabilities are reported as they are specified by the
implementing library and not in forced upper case. The sieve RFC now
explicitly states that sieve capability identifiers are case-sensitive.
This broke compatibility with SquirrelMail/Avelsieve.
- Disabled ANONYMOUS login entirely until proper support is implemented.
V4 claimed to do so as well, but in fact it only stopped announcing it.
- Implemented managesieve-proxy. It is not so much a clean copy of
imap-proxy, since the managesieve greeting is much more complex and
requires parsing. Configuration is identical to imap-proxy. This seems
to be a little under-documented however
(http://wiki.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/ExtraFields).

This patch still includes (yet another) instance of the CMU Sieve
source, as explained in one of my previous e-mails
(http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-July/015016.html).

Current plans include merging src/lib-managesieve with src/lib-imap,
updating the patch for dovecot-1.1 and fixing any problems you might find.

The patch can be downloaded at:

http://sinas.rename-it.nl/~sirius/dovecot-1.0.2-MANAGESIEVE-v5.diff.gz

The README.managesieve is located in the root of the dovecot source tree
after applying the patch.

Have fun testing the patch. Notify me when there are problems.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan at rename-it.nl