[Dovecot] Dovecot LDAP schema?

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Mon Jul 30 11:27:37 EEST 2007

Hi Sergey,

Sergey A. Kobzar wrote:

> You can use standard LDAP attributes. It's more than enough.

Well, I know that it works with standard LDAP attributes, that's what I
do right now. But that is what I want to avoid, because I want to have
IMAP users *without* standard uid/gid attributes because they are not
Unix users. To avoid confusion and security holes I'd prefer to use
separate Attributes for the LDAP objects. And in some cases I need to
override the default PATH variable, which requires a new attribute. And
I cannot work with static uid/gid schemes as in your example, because
every IMAP user is managed by one of several Unix users, therefore they
cannot share the same uid/gid.

I can define my own LDAP scheme, what I did in a test environment.

But I'd prefer if there was a common dovecot scheme for such cases.

regards
Hadmut