[Dovecot] dovecot-1.1 + dovecot-sieve-1.1 deliver backtraces

Sergey seriv at parkheights.dyndns.org
Fri Jul 27 17:29:30 EEST 2007

Sergey wrote:
[skip]
> I have added line "mail_drop_priv_before_exec: yes" to dovecot11.conf,
> and verified that userdb, both static and from passwd file, returns user
> homes, and these homes are owned by user vmail specified in
> /etc/postfix/master.cf to run dovecot11 service. And can't find any core
> files written anywhere. What I'm missing? How to get coredumps of
> delivery agent?
>
> I have read once more wiki pages about using dovecot delivery, and
> discovered that postfix configuration is missing a line
> ---
> dovecot11_destination_recipient_limit = 1
> ---
> May be, it's related to the problem? It looks like last cases of the
> problem occur at the time of bursts of mails arriving to postfix. I have
> added this line and will continue testing.

Last night I put high load on the server, and got 250 backtraces in
dovecot.log, So, destination_recipient_limit=1 did not help.
I do not know how to get core files of delivery.
So, I do not know how can I help with fixing this problem.
Switched back to dovecot-1.0.2, got many messages like:
---
dovecot: Jul 27 06:36:16 Error: IMAP(seriv): Transaction log file
/var/spool/imap/seriv/.imap/dovecot.index.log: marked corrupted
dovecot: Jul 27 06:36:16 Error: IMAP(seriv): Corrupted transaction log
file /var/spool/imap/seriv/.imap/dovecot.index.log: Recent counter wrong
---
Deleted all dovecot.index* in /var/spool/imap, and everything looks
working well.
--
	Sergey.