[Dovecot] auth_cache_...

Frank Elsner Frank.Elsner at TU-Berlin.DE
Thu Jul 26 16:15:49 EEST 2007

Hello,

the dovecot-example.conf states:

# Authentication cache size in kilobytes. 0 means it's disabled.
# Note that bsdauth, PAM and vpopmail require cache_key to be set for caching
# to be used.
#auth_cache_size = 0
# Time to live in seconds for cached data. After this many seconds the cached
# record is no longer used, *except* if the main database lookup returns
# internal failure. We also try to handle password changes automatically: If
# user's previous authentication was successful, but this one wasn't, the
# cache isn't used. For now this works only with plaintext authentication.
#auth_cache_ttl = 3600

auth_cache_size = 0, does it mean "cache can grow ad infinitum"
                     or does it mean "no cache at all" ?

Frank Elsner  /                        c/o  Technische Universitaet Berlin   |
 ____________/                              tubIT [BD], Sekr. E-N 50         |
|                                           Einsteinufer 17                  |
| Phone: +49 30 314 23897                   D-10587 Berlin                   |
| eMail: Frank.Elsner at TU-Berlin.DE          Germany        __________________|