[Dovecot] dspam plugin

Oliver Kohll oliver at gtwm.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 23:14:11 EEST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to install the dspam plugin to dovecot.

So far, I've

Installed dovecot 1.0.2 from RPM and set up

Installed dspam 3.8.0, set up and integrated with postfix, using
dspam as local delivery agent before dovecot's deliver

Downloaded the dovecot 1.0.2 source in order to compile the C file
http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/Projects/dovecot-dspam-integration/
beta7-code with the command

cc -fPIC -shared -Wall -I../src/ -I../src/lib -I.. -I../src/lib-
storage -I../src/lib-mail -I../src/lib-imap -I../src/imap/ -
DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DDSPAM=\"/usr/local/bin/dspam\" dspam.c -o lib_dspam.so

and copied the resulting lib_dspam.so to /usr/lib/dovecot/imap/

In dovecot.conf, set
protocol imap {
   mail_plugins = dspam
   mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
}

Created a SPAM folder.

However, when I move a message into or out of the SPAM folder, dspam
doesn't seem to execute. Nothing appears in
/usr/local/var/dspam/system.log
or
/var/log/maillog

and
"SELECT * FROM dspam_stats;" in the dspam database returns unchanged
numbers:

dspam=> select * from dspam_stats ;
  uid | spam_learned | innocent_learned | spam_misclassified |
innocent_misclassified | spam_corpusfed | innocent_corpusfed |
spam_classified | innocent_classified
-----+--------------+------------------+--------------------
+------------------------+----------------+--------------------
+-----------------+---------------------
  505 |           18 |             1870 |                  3
|                      3 |              0 |                  3
|               0 |                   0
(1 row)

One thing that may be relevant is that I have a namespace in
dovecot.conf
namespace private {
   prefix = INBOX.
   inbox = yes
}

Any ideas?

Regards

Oliver

p.s. the page http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/Projects/dovecot-dspam-
integration seems to be blank now but the Google cache http://
216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:K_yW5wV88uwJ:johannes.sipsolutions.net/
Projects/dovecot-dspam-integration+dovecot
+dspam&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&client=safari is still there for now.

oliver at gtwm.co.uk / 0845 456 1810 / 07814 828608
The Old Bank, 4 Ravenhill Rd, Swansea SA5 5AW, UK

NOTE
No contracts may be concluded on behalf of GT webMarque by means of e-
mail
communications. The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the
intended recipient at the e-mail address to which it has been addressed;
it may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee,
nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error please return to
sender via e-mail.

DISCLAIMER
Please note that neither GT webMarque Ltd nor the sender accept any
responsibility for viruses transmitted via e-mail. It is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any).