[Dovecot] Quota plugin, Maildir, dict backend loop problem

David Jonas djonas at vitalwerks.com
Wed Jul 25 19:43:28 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 25.7.2007, at 0.09, David Jonas wrote:
>
>> I've been working with the quota plugin(s) the past few days and have
>> been having some real trouble. Only a few entries are appearing in the
>> database, a couple more when I restarted dovecot. None of the current
>> entries were being updated either.
> ..
>> INSERT INTO quota (current, path, username) VALUES (0, 'quota/storage',
>> 'user at example.com') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE current = current + 0;
>
> You do have a unique index key on path+username and nothing else, right?

Sure do. Just like the docs.

> It worked with me last I tried..

I think I found the problem. I had an aggressive exported CFLAGS line
from a recent memcache compile:

 CFLAGS="-O3 -march=pentium4 -mmmx -msse2"

Recompiled after clearing CFLAGS and it seems to work fine now. Guess
something important got optimized away.

I'm having some other issues, like the entries being wildly inaccurate
(1.6G for an account with no mail) and some updating issues. But quotas
aren't overly pressing, so should I just wait for v1.1? Is v1.1alpha1
stable enough for some production time? I haven't seen much noise about
it on the list. Perhaps I should toss it in the water...

Thanks for your help,

David