[Dovecot] quota: maildrop + dovecot. dovecot doesn't update maildirsize file

Tan Shao Yi tansy at pacific.net.sg
Tue Jul 24 17:57:35 EEST 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Frittella Laurento wrote:

> Tan Shao Yi ha scritto:
>> Hi Laurento,
>>
>> I think you missed out mail_plugins = quota for the appropriate
>> protocol(s)?
>
> You're right :)
> Now I added it and thunderbird show me the quota % usage but when I
> delete messages the quota still doesn't change. I think dovecot should
> update maildirsize when I made some change to my folders, shouldn't it?

Hi Laurento,

"imap_quota" is the plugin that reports quota information to Thunderbird.
"quota" is the one you are looking for.

My config looks like this:

protocol imap {
   login_executable = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
   mail_executable = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
   imap_max_line_length = 65536
   mail_plugins = quota imap_quota mail_log
   mail_plugin_dir = /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
   login_greeting_capability = no
   imap_client_workarounds = outlook-idle
}