[Dovecot] Ideas for Webmail/OTP

Tue Jul 24 13:33:59 EEST 2007

On 7/24/2007, Frank Behrens (frank at pinky.sax.de) wrote:
> So dovecot has no errors in this context, but I believe it could be
> extended easily and that's
> why I wrote in this mailing list. My hope is, that people comment:
> - My ideas are stupid or not.

Definitely not stupid - I hope you didn't get that from my response...

> - My proposol is a useful IMAP extension, or we should solve the
> problem in other ways.
> - We should extend dovecot a litle bit or leave it, because other
> mail servers does not implement such a feature.

As a plug-in I think this would be perfectly fine... in fact, when I
replied, I had never heard of OTP - it is an intriguing concept...

> I do not complain about dovecot, I'm proposing some enhancements, but
> may be in the wrong direction. I hope I do not disturb the mailing
> list readers.

Sorry if I came off a little harsh - it wasn't intended, and I do see
now how this could be a useful feature... and now I see Timo has
expressed interest, so I look forward to seeing what comes of this...

--

Best regards,

Charles