[Dovecot] telnet connection refused

Neil Robins neil.robins at showerama.com.au
Fri Jul 20 08:25:43 EEST 2007

I'm running Dovecot 1.0 with Postfix and Amavisd-new on FreeBSD 2.6-RELEASE.
Mail was working OK until I put a new mailbox on but then it stopped.
Dovecot appears to be running but it doesn't show up in "Top" nor when I run
"ps -aucx". I also can't telnet to it on port 110 either at localhost or at
the mail server (Connection refused). Can telnet to port 25 (Postfix) no
problem. Any suggestions very much appreciated. I know this is an imap group
but it's the only Dovecot group I could find. Thanks,