[Dovecot] fine-grained user authentication support

Adam Jacob Muller dovecot at adam.gs
Fri Jul 20 01:59:56 EEST 2007

On Jul 19, 2007, at 4:52 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On 19.7.2007, at 23.33, Adam Jacob Muller wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm wondering if it's possible to have some users restricted to
>> only login via POP3 or only IMAP (likewise for IMAPS/POP3S).
>> Returning a particular field with the userdb sql query
>> (protocols=imaps did not work), perhaps setting up a different
>> passdb? Is this possible with dovecot?
>
> Use %s variable in your SQL query. http://wiki.dovecot.org/
> Authentication/RestrictAccess

Ah, thanks, that should work nicely, is the full list of possibly
substitution variables that are usable inside SQL queries anywhere on
the wiki (my search skills probably fail me, I couldn't find the
RestrictAccess page either before :)?
Also, does %s differentiate between secure and insecure connections
with imaps and pop3s possibilities?

-Adam