[Dovecot] avoiding getting maildir cur/ folder contents?

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Thu Jul 19 16:50:05 EEST 2007

On Thursday, July 19 at 12:11 PM, quoth Johannes Berg:
>On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 15:37 -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
>
>> I don't suppose improving your IO is an option? I find turning on
>> dir_hashing in ext3, and mounting my maildirs with noatime, both
>> significantly improve my performance without requiring me to buy new
>> hardware.
>
>I already have both of those options turned on, the problem is that it's
>running in Xen and I can't get off that right now.

Hmmm, so how many mails in one directory are we talking about?

If Xen is the only thing you can't get out of, have you considered
using an alternate filesystem? For example, I hear ReiserFS does very
well with Maildir (though I haven't tried it on anything big).

~Kyle
--
Men think epilepsy divine, merely because they do not understand it.
But if they called everything divine which they do not understand,