[Dovecot] deleting maildir files

Tue Jul 17 22:11:34 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen, on 7/17/2007 2:40 PM, said the following:
> On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 14:34 -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
>>> Or just delete .Trash/cur and mkdir it back. That way UIDVALIDITY
>>> doesn't change (although I think TB is able to handle it, but at least
>>> Mail.app broke really badly last time I did that).

>> Hmmm... but will that take care of /tmp as well?

> tmp should be empty usually.

>> drwx------   2 postfix postfix 32388568 Jul 17 12:04 tmp

> Looks like Courier has crashed in the middle of copying/saving if it has
> this many files. :)

I know... so - I should delete it as well, then recreate it, same as
/cur? What about the courierimapuiddb file? (Also, sorry for asking
something about courier, but I've already asked on the courier list and
no one has responded yet)...

Sorry, guess I'm displaying my ignorance... but I'd rather be safe than
sorry...

Thanks,

--

Best regards,