[Dovecot] deleting maildir files

Tue Jul 17 21:34:55 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen, on 7/17/2007 1:05 PM, said the following:
> On 17.7.2007, at 19.56, Charles Marcus wrote:
>
>> On 7/17/2007, Charles Marcus (CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com) wrote:
>>> What I was going to do was first delete the folder:
>>> rm -ri /var/virtual/domain.com/maildir/.Trash
>>> then once it is all gone, do:
>>> maildirmake -f Trash /var/virtual/domain.com/maildir

>> Anyone see any problems with fixing this this way? It is really
>> getting annoying not being able to delete anything...

> Or just delete .Trash/cur and mkdir it back. That way UIDVALIDITY
> doesn't change (although I think TB is able to handle it, but at least
> Mail.app broke really badly last time I did that).

Hmmm... but will that take care of /tmp as well? Don't forget, this is a
different system that is still served by courier - but happily I've been
given a gree light to start planning their migration to dovecot...

Anyway - here is the directory listing as it is now:

moria .Trash # ls -al
total 47960
drwx------   6 postfix postfix      256 Jul 17 07:08 .
drwx------ 116 postfix postfix     4192 Jul 17 14:27 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 postfix postfix       17 Oct 31  2005 courierimapacl
drwx------   2 postfix postfix       72 Jul 17 07:08 courierimapkeywords
-rw-r--r--   1 postfix postfix  7603094 Jul 17 07:08 courierimapuiddb
drwx------   2 postfix postfix  9100472 Jul 17 12:40 cur
-rw-------   1 postfix postfix        0 Oct 31  2005 maildirfolder
drwx------   2 postfix postfix       48 Oct 31  2005 new
drwx------   2 postfix postfix 32388568 Jul 17 12:04 tmp

And when I click on the Trash folder in Thunderbird, it just goes into
never-never land...

--

Best regards,

Charles