[Dovecot] NFS cache flush tester

Andrew Ziem andrewz at springsrescuemission.org
Thu Jul 12 00:54:05 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> http://dovecot.org/tools/nfstest.c
>
> I wrote a test utility that tests different ways to flush NFS attribute
> cache and data cache. Please test in your NFS setup and show me the
> results, so I can make Dovecot v1.1 works well with NFS.
>
> Run the test several times (3 should be enough) to make sure the output
> stays the same, because the attribute cache flushes might incorrectly
> say "OK". And of course attribute cache must not be disabled for this
> test to work.
>
> If you have other ideas how to flush either cache please tell me and
> I'll update the test utility. I'd like to have a way to flush the cache
> without having the NFS client send anything to server. Unfortunately all
> of the below ways do that.
>
> Results for Linux v2.6.15 and v2.6.18:

What's a good command to compile it? I have a Linux 2.6.20 NFS client
connected to a Linux 2.4.34 NFS client.

$ gcc ~/tmp/nfstest.c -I lib
In file included from lib/lib.h:24,
from /home/users/andrewz/tmp/nfstest.c:17:
lib/compat.h:31:3: error: invalid preprocessing directive ##
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:35,
from lib/compat.h:80,
from lib/lib.h:24,
from /home/users/andrewz/tmp/nfstest.c:17:
/usr/include/bits/socket.h:36: error: conflicting types for ‘socklen_t’
lib/compat.h:51: error: previous declaration of ‘socklen_t’ was here
In file included from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:23,
from lib/compat.h:81,
from lib/lib.h:24,
from /home/users/andrewz/tmp/nfstest.c:17:
/usr/include/stdint.h:111: error: conflicting types for ‘uint_fast32_t’
lib/compat.h:46: error: previous declaration of ‘uint_fast32_t’ was here
/usr/include/stdint.h:141: error: conflicting types for ‘uintmax_t’
lib/compat.h:38: error: previous declaration of ‘uintmax_t’ was here

Andrew