[Dovecot] 1.0.1: corrupt index on fresh mailbox, ideas?

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Tue Jul 10 19:13:14 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> So the real reasons for these could include temporarily using different
> index file paths, restoring indexes/uidlists from backups, temporarily
> using index files for accessing other mailbox.

OK I understand your 3 points about how it actually could happen, and
the ideas above as to possible causes; unfortunately we are in none of
those situations. :( It was a mailbox simply created, accessed via
Thunderbird and Squirrelmail all of... maybe 3 times. Nothing at all
changed between the time it was working and the time it wasn't (no other
mailboxes were affected).

I'll keep an eye out - I created another new mailbox yesterday which
will get the exact same treatment for an employee starting next Monday.
If it doesn't happen again I'll just resign to calling it a random
happenstance.

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer