[Dovecot] Repeated references to non existent users table

Frank Church voipfc at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 10 15:00:14 EEST 2007

Dovecot keeps returning messages in the general log about a users
table, where my users table is called mailbox, based on my
postfixadmin configuration.

dovecot: Jul 10 11:37:27 Info: auth-worker(default):
sql(user at domain.com): SELECT home, uid, gid FROM users WHERE userid =
'user at domain.com'
dovecot: Jul 10 11:37:27 Info: auth(default):
prefetch(user at domain.com): passdb didn't return userdb entries

I get errors stating that table postfix.users does not exist which is
right because my table is named mailbox

my dovecot-sql.conf files don't contain any references to a table named users.

dovecot.conf
=========
protocol lda {
  postmaster_address = postmaster at abc.meripol.net
  mail_plugins = quota
  log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
  info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
}

main.cf
==========
# ---------------------- SASL PART START ----------------------
smtpd_sasl_type                 = dovecot
smtpd_sasl_path                 = private/auth
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable          = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain        =
smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks  =
smtpd_sasl_security_options     = noanonymous
broken_sasl_auth_clients        = yes

master.cf
=======
dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver
-d ${recipient}