[Dovecot] Quota exceeded messages

Frank Church voipfc at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 10 00:07:00 EEST 2007

On 09/07/07, Charles Marcus <CMarcus at media-brokers.com> wrote:
> Frank Church, on 7/9/2007 11:41 AM, said the following:
> > When I try to move messages between folders I get 'Quota exceeded'
> > messages.
> >
> > I installed dovecot without any major configuration and accounts are
> > created with PostfixAdmin.
> >
> > Is there some common setting that I must be missing?
> >
> > Version in use is 1.0 rc26
>
> Please upgrade to 1.0.1 - there were lots of changes in the last couple
> of months leading up to the release, and many of those changes affected
> quota support.
>
> Then, if you still have a problem, please report back, and include
> dovecot -n output and platform/auth details...
>
> --
>
> Best regards,
>
> Charles

I have my dovecot -n output below.

In any case I want to know more about dovecot configuration, in case
the problem is due to some misconfiguration. A release candidate would
probably be past that stage.

Not to mention that I am afraid of damaging my current setup.

output from dovecot -n
================
# /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
base_dir: /var/run/dovecot/
log_path: /var/log/dovecot/error_log
info_log_path: /var/log/dovecot/general_log
protocols: imap imaps pop3 pop3s
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot//login
login_executable(default): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(imap): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(pop3): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
first_valid_uid: 601
last_valid_uid: 601
mail_extra_groups: mail
mail_location: maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%u
maildir_copy_with_hardlinks: yes
mail_executable(default): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(imap): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(pop3): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3
mail_plugins(default): quota imap_quota
mail_plugins(imap): quota imap_quota
mail_plugins(pop3): quota
mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/pop3
imap_client_workarounds(default): outlook-idle delay-newmail
imap_client_workarounds(imap): outlook-idle delay-newmail
imap_client_workarounds(pop3): outlook-idle
pop3_uidl_format(default):
pop3_uidl_format(imap):
pop3_uidl_format(pop3): %08Xu%08Xx
pop3_client_workarounds(default):
pop3_client_workarounds(imap):
pop3_client_workarounds(pop3): outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
auth default:
 user: nobody
 verbose: yes
 debug: yes
 debug_passwords: yes
 passdb:
   driver: sql
   args: /etc/dovecot/sql.conf
 userdb:
   driver: sql
   args: /etc/dovecot/sql.conf
 userdb:
   driver: prefetch
 socket:
   type: listen
   client:
     path: /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
     mode: 432
     user: postfix
     group: mail
   master:
     path: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/auth-master
     mode: 432
     user: vmail
     group: mail
plugin:
 quota: maildir:storage=10240:messages=1000
 acl: vfile:/etc/dovecot/acls
 trash: /etc/dovecot/trash.conf

[root at jkl rchurch]#