[Dovecot] PHP implementation of dovecotpw passwords

Frank Church voipfc at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 9 18:26:16 EEST 2007

On 19/03/07, Frank Church <voipfc at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for PHP functions that implement passwords that much the
> dovecotpw implementation.
>
> I downloaded one from PEAR, Crypt_HMAC, but the passwords  it
> generates look nothing like the dovecotpw passwords, which could be my
> fault because I know nothing about the field.
>
> Is there a guide or some library that implements them to match dovecotpw?

After some further experimenting and checking the logs I managed to
discover the problem.
Setting the default_pass_scheme in /etc/dovecot/sql.conf fixed the problem

Apparently the password scheme used by PostfixAdmin is the MD5-CRYPT
type, but I suspect there could be still some issues with password
comparision generation in some of its other modules

/etc/dovecot/sql.conf