[Dovecot] dovecot lda with fetchmail

JC Júnior junior.listas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 09:52:21 EEST 2007

Don Russell wrote:
> JC Júnior wrote:
>> hi all,
>>
>> I'm new in dovecot, and i need to setup a machine that download
>> emails from an external pop3 server, and delivers to my internal
>> network via imap, for this , i want ( if possible ) to use fetchmail
>> with the option mda to dovecot's deliver, because all user must be
>> virtual users stored in a sqlite database, and my question is:
>>
>> 1- it is possible??
>> 2- theres a better way to do this??
>> 3- someone knows some howto about this configuration???
>
> I do this... sort of....
>
> fetchmail --> sendmail --> procmail --> mbox/maildir storage <--> imap
> <--> pc client

Hi Don Russel, thank you for you answer...

but , i do not want to use sendmail or postfix, this must be a a very
small system, and users information is on sqlite base, that postfix or
sendmail does not support, i want to deliver from fetchmail direct to
deliver ( if its is possible ).

thanks...  JC júnior