[Dovecot] Unable to send email out using Dovecot SASL

Kenny Dail kend at amigo.net
Fri Jul 6 22:30:48 EEST 2007

> I am currently using Dovecot 1.0.rc17 with Postfix 2.3.8 on Ubuntu.
When you choose to use software with known bugs and security issues that
have already been fixed in later versions, you really should make sure
you know exactly what all of those issues are and whether or not they
affect you.

> So far I'm able to receive my email using dovecot pop3 but I can't
> send out the email.

Why not? Error messages and a postconf -n might help here.

> What do I missed out?
Have you read:
http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html
what were the results when you went through the troubleshooting steps?
--
Kenny Dail <kend at amigo.net>