[Dovecot] Index question

David Favor david at davidfavor.com
Thu Jul 5 19:26:50 EEST 2007

John Peacock wrote:
> David Favor wrote:
>> I'm faced with a similar situation. I use an custom event looped MTA
>> written
>> in perl. By the time a message is ready to be delivered, it's temp
>> file usually
>> already resides on the physical disk where it will reside.
>
> That's not qpsmtpd is it??? ;-)

I've been using one I wrote sometime ago. I'm also about to start testing
qpsmtpd-async.

>> What would be great is a stand alone program which could be run given
>> a directory list to reindex.
>
> You could write one yourself; all it would take is some out of band
> program that connects via IMAP and requests the minimal IMAP command
> that would cause a reindex (Timo?).  Presumably you have access to the
> username/password combination (since you are able to hardlink files into
> their mail directory).
>
> John

This is what I came up with too and if possible I'd rather have the load
put on another program rather than all the overhead of starting up IMAP
sessions.

--
Like feeling your best ever, all day, every day? Here's how...
Your simple secrets are here - http://RadicalHealth.com