[Dovecot] Index question

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Thu Jul 5 18:45:55 EEST 2007

David Favor wrote:
> I'm faced with a similar situation. I use an custom event looped MTA
> written
> in perl. By the time a message is ready to be delivered, it's temp file
> usually
> already resides on the physical disk where it will reside.

That's not qpsmtpd is it??? ;-)

> What would be great is a stand alone program which could be run given a
> directory list to reindex.

You could write one yourself; all it would take is some out of band
program that connects via IMAP and requests the minimal IMAP command
that would cause a reindex (Timo?).  Presumably you have access to the
username/password combination (since you are able to hardlink files into
their mail directory).

John

--
John Peacock