[Dovecot] MailMan option

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Thu Jul 5 13:27:40 EEST 2007

On Thursday July 05, 2007 at 05:52:26 (AM) Sergey A. Kobzar wrote:

> Is it possible receive my own posts to the list? I have configured
> such option "Receive your own posts to the list? - Yes" on Mailman
> page but it still does not work.

The problem you are describing has nothing to do with this list, but
rather with the inferior mail service you are employing (GMail). This
is a well known deficiency with that product. A quick perusal of their
mail forums will turn up hundreds of complains about the lack of
support for the feature you are posting about, among others. Google
(GMail) feels they have the right to simply route your email anyway
they so desire. Worse, since GMail does not employ 'white listing',
there is a good chance that mail from forum members will end up in
your SPAM folder anyway.

In my humble opinion, you would be far better served by enlisting the
services of a better and more reliable mail service provider.

--
Gerard

"I never worry about being driven to drink; I just worry about being driven home."

    W. C. Fields