[Dovecot] listen parm questions

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Tue Jul 3 16:08:12 EEST 2007

Q1: My imap server has 4 interfaces, but only one is used for imap
traffic.  Can I do this:
listen = 10.20.30.40:10143
(when imap.mycollege.edu is 10.20.30.40)
Or is there even any benefit to doing this?

Q2: Can I specify more than one port....during test eval, I've had the
IT dept using port 1043 for listen....which I will, of course, change to
143 when DC goes production.  So my department isn't cut off by that
switchover, can I do this?
listen = *:10143,143
or this
listen = 10.20.30.40:10143,143

I did look at the wiki but didn't see anything

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources