[Dovecot] Force rebuild v1.0.1

Bruce Bodger bbodger at bodcon.com
Mon Jul 2 21:15:32 EEST 2007

On Jul 2, 2007, at 1:25 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 06:23 -0400, Bruce Bodger wrote:
>> Haven't seen a thread discussing forcing rebuilding of indexes /
>> cache, so the question is, if these files in a users home directory
>> were deleted...
>>
>> -rw-------     1 bb  admin      80 May 17 15:05 dovecot-keywords
>> -rw-------     1 bb  admin   85449 Jul  2 06:15 dovecot-uidlist
>> -rw-------     1 bb  admin    6832 Jul  2 06:15 dovecot.index
>> -rw-------     1 bb  admin  752640 Jul  2 06:19 dovecot.index.cache
>> -rw-------     1 bb  admin   95416 Jul  2 06:20 dovecot.index.log
>> -rw-------     1 bb  admin  131104 Jun 27 21:32 dovecot.index.log.2
>>
>> ...would they be rebuilt by dovecot?
>
> Sure. Although you shouldn't delete dovecot-uidlist and
> dovecot-keywords, they're not indexes.
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailLocation/Maildir

Thank you, Timo.  One more thing:  would you explain the existence of
this file:

-rw-------     1 bb  admin  131104 Jun 27 21:32 dovecot.index.log.2

I can understand dovecot-keywords having the old creation date but
dovecot.index.log.2 being old makes me think it's no longer needed.
Under what conditions is it created and should it be kept around?

Thanks,
B. Bodger