[Dovecot] v1.1 max connections per user

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Mon Jul 2 16:22:46 EEST 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:32:11 +0200 (CEST) Steffen Kaiser
<skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de> wrote:

> Donnu, but I wouldn't enable a connection limit by default. Let the
> admin choose a correct value after "QuickStart" went well.

Agreed.

A per IP limit that defaults to something other than UNLIMITED and
which might sneak into the system/config under the radar with 1.1
would happily break things here (all connections come from the
proxy).
A per user (login id) one might still affect things in an unexpected
manner if uncaught in the upgrade, but at least w/o a such a totally
devastating effect as with a per IP one.

My 2 yen,

Christian
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services