[Dovecot] Compiler warnings

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 12 18:21:05 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 08:27 -0800, Stephen Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Dovecot 1.0RC22 on an old Trustix 1.5 box and am
> getting the compiler warnings:
>
> quota-storage.c:275: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in
> arithmetic
>
> convert-storage.c:50: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in
> arithmetic
>
> acl-backend-vfile.c:212: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in
> arithmetic

Those lines all contain simple memset() calls. There's no void *
arithmetic done in them at least directly. I'd say Trustix has made
memset() a macro that does some extra checks, and they've messed it up a
bit by using void* arithmetic. Maybe doesn't show with other software
because most software don't bother enabling enough compiler warnings.

Anyway, you can safely ignore them.