[Dovecot] Permanent roadmap page on web

Benjamin R. Haskell dovecot at benizi.com
Mon Dec 31 01:43:30 EET 2007

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007, Richard Laager wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 07:41 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> Most replies to that mail ignored the 3) part, which is
>> the main reason there's no issue tracker yet.
>
> Regarding your three issues:
>
> 1. Yes, they all suck in different ways. You have to pick one with the
> least suck for you. ;)
>
> 2. If you need hosting with PHP and MySQL, contact me off-list and I
> might (but no promises just yet) be able to help.

If Timo's not using PHP or MySQL for anything other than bug-tracking,
those just become two more things to have to configure and maintain.
Where/how they're hosted just changes how much setup and maintenance need
to be done. It can't be eliminated fully.

> 3. What if you setup bug mails to come to this list?

Isn't that what dovecot-bugs at dovecot.org does? Or was the original
suggestion never implemented?

Best,
Ben