[Dovecot] Dovecot Antispam Problem (Using mail sending backend)

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Dec 12 19:40:27 EET 2007

on 12/12/2007 9:18 AM Johannes Berg spake the following:
>> does the anti-spam plugin run as a non-root user?
>
> yes, it always runs as the user you're logged in as.
>
>> Or dovecot?
>
> Mostly not.
>
>> Maybe you need to add that user to trusted users in sendmail. It works from
>> commandline because root is already a trusted user.
>
> Interesting, my exim's sendmail works for all users.
>
> johannes
Actual sendmail only lets the trusted users send mail with a different "from"
than the user running the command. So if user "x" is trying to send something
but trying to say it is from user "y" (maybe postmaster), sendmail won't allow
it unless user "x" is in trusted users.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and