[Dovecot] subscription to mail folders not working properly anymore with dovecot1.0x ?

Alain Hofer hofer at glue.ch
Fri Jun 30 12:41:18 EEST 2006

Hi

we run dovecot on sun solaris 9. I try to switch from dovecot 0.99.11
to dovecot 1.0, with ssl support turned on.
The user's mail are stored in mbox format in Mail in their home dirs.
I was not able to get the subscrition working properly with the new
dovecot. New means: 1.0beta2 and now also 1.0.RC1 (beta9)

The client mailreaders are mainly thunderbird 1.0x and 1.5.x, Netscape
Messenger, and  SquirrelMail for web access.

The mail folder subscriptions stored in <usershome>/Mail/.subscriptions
works fine with the dovecot 0.99.11.

With dovecot_1.0 the subscriptions get properly read, but as soon as
the user wants to make any changes to them (for example subscribing
to a new folder out of thunderbird), the subscriptions get lost, the
file <usershome>/Mail/.subscriptions simply disappears.

Did I miss any point in the configuration? Or does someone else encounter
the same problem?

Thx for any help!

-- Alain Hofer
  / ____/ /   / / / / ____/   GLUE Software Engineering AG
 / / __/ /   / / / / __/     Zieglerstr. 34, 3007 Bern,  Switzerland
/ /_/ / /___/ /_/ / /___    Phone: +41-(0)31/385 3011     Fax: 3018
\____/_____/\____/_____/___mailto:hofer at glue.ch http://www.glue.ch