[Dovecot] How to use filters with the LDA?

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Wed Jun 28 10:44:25 EEST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to deploy dovecot LDA and liking it so far. However,
I need to pass the message through some filters before it's
delivered to the user (e.g. spamc). I realise I can just set up
a chain (postfix delivers to spamc, pipes to foo, pipes to bar,
pipes to deliver), but there's no reliable error handling with that
approach.

Furthermore, I cannot seem to figure out whether sieve can pass
messages through external filters, or how you'd do that.

How do people approach this?

What would be really sweet is an LDA plugin that can call arbitrary
filters for each message it processes. Has something (obvious) like
this been done?

Thanks,

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net