[Dovecot] quota not working on delivery

Mustafa A. Hashmi mahashmi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 08:12:10 EEST 2006

Martin:

On 6/27/06, martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net> wrote:
> Hi, I am using the Debian dovecot packages and the deliver LDA from
> postfix, all version 1.0.beta8. My problem is with quota support,
> I am using Maildirs. The relevant configuration stuff is included at
> the bottom of this email.
>
> Quota support seems to work with IMAP. However, even when IMAP
> complains about an account being over quota, the deliver LDA still
> happily writes new mail to the (correct) Maildirs. I cannot see any
> warnings or other hints.

Had a similar problem setting up quota. You may want to ensure that
postfix is actually using dovecot as a delivery agent. Does it show
dovecot being used in mail logs?

The wiki instructions didn't work for me to get postfix to work with
the dovecot as the LDA -- here is what I have in my main.cf and
master.cf (relevant bits pasted below):

# master.cf:
#
dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
 flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail
argv=/usr/local/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d ${user}

# main.cf
#
transport_maps = ldap:ldaptransport ldap:ldaptransportlocal

ldaptransport_result_filter = smtp:[%s]
ldaptransport_version = 3
ldaptransport_server_host = ldap.company.com
ldaptransport_search_base = dc=company, dc=com
ldaptransport_query_filter =
(&(|(mail=%s)(mailAlternateAddress=%s))(!(mailHost=$localroute))(|(AccountStatus=active)))
ldaptransport_result_attribute = mailHost

#
# The below is required for handing over the
# message to dovecot for local delivery
#
ldaptransportlocal_result_filter = dovecot
ldaptransportlocal_version = 3
ldaptransportlocal_server_host = ldap.company.com
ldaptransportlocal_search_base = dc=company, dc=com
ldaptransportlocal_query_filter =
(&(|(mail=%s)(mailAlternateAddress=%s))(mailHost=$localroute)(|(AccountStatus=active)))
ldaptransportlocal_result_attribute = uid # We don't really need a
result attribute here.

# end.

Regards,
--