[Dovecot] Postfix "userlookup" via Dovecot Auth

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Tue Jun 27 16:46:31 EEST 2006

I'm hoping to take advantage of authentication caching via
dovecot-auth. I see that posfix can communicate with Dovecot-Auth, via
SASL, but from what I can see, postfix only does this for
authentication checks.
Not 100% sure how postfix handles virtual_transport (I assume it needs
to do a lookup via virtual_mailbox_maps), but I can't see anyway to
get virtual_mailbox_maps to use dovecot-auth ether. I guess I may just
have to get the virtual_mailbox_maps to look up userdata via SQL as
well as Dovecot, but I was hoping to avoid what will be 3 similar
lookups one after the other (dovecot-lda is in use as well).

My intended setup is "Postfix" -- LMTP --> "Dspam" -- DeliveryAgent
--> "Dovecot-LDA", with each stage currently doing a SQL lookup for
user information. It would be awesome if they all used SASl via
Dovecot-Auth so that the Auth cache does it's job!
Reading the doc files in Dspam is confusing me, as the relay file
seems to be mixed up.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Tim
--