[Dovecot] pop-3 login delay

Joseph W. Breu breu at cfu.net
Tue Jun 27 00:46:52 EEST 2006

We are running Dovecot 1.0.beta9 w/ mysql authentication.  Mail
storage is a Network Appliance F810 filer and we are using maildir.

The only issue that we have run into is that pop3 logins take much
longer than imap logins within dovecott and many times longer than a
similar connection with courier-imap.  For example, dovecot IMAP and
courier-imap POP3 and IMAP logins take less than 1/2 second to
complete the login.  dovecot POP3 takes 2-3 seconds.

I have disabled MMAP and am using fcntl.

I searched the last few months of the archive, and being new here,
didn't know if this had been discussed before or not.

Thanks,