[Dovecot] Developing new Dspam Plugin

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Fri Jun 23 15:27:22 EEST 2006

This email /was/ going to be a bit of a bitch about trying to get
mysql compiled in to a dovecot plugin, but I got it all working before
I finished the email! :-D

Ok, basically what I am doing (Johannes permission) is modifying the
dspam plugin, so that it instead talks to a database (MySQL in this
case), and updates a table, so that you can do the actual training at
a time of lower load.

It /does/ require MySQL >= 5 cause I am using stored PROCEDURE's,
which gives you the advantage, that you can use the same plugin,
without changing anything, regardless of what your database looks
like, or how you want the database to work! :-D

I have successfully modified Johannes plugin to call SPAM and HAM in
the database, with the signatures, and also upgraded it to work with
beta9. I also made the small change of a define for the Spam folder,
so that if your Spam folder is named differently, you don't have to
change the code in 2-3 places as well ;-)

I am yet to write any 'batch' code for processing the database tables,
but that is fairly trivial, and I could even write it in php if I
wanted ;-) (If you want something to do, go ahead and write me a C
client to do this! I'll get to it eventually, and you can reuse most
of the code from the plugin!)

See http://members.plug.org.au/~linuxalien/dokuwiki/projects:dovecot-mysql-dspam-plugin
for more details, and the code!

Feed back, comments, and criticism are all welcome!

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956