kevent changes (was Re: [Dovecot] 1.0 RC1 status)

Scott Ellis scotte at warped.com
Thu Jun 22 03:23:44 EEST 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:
[snip]

> I'm thinking about releasing 1.0 RC1 within a few days. Would be nice if
> that release actually worked, so testing would be appreciated :) You can
> try it by getting the dovecot-latest from http://dovecot.org/nightly/

There was a change to how configure detects if kqueue is supported (made
sometime after the 10th (I suspect the change on the 16th, but haven't
looked too closely) which prevents it from being detected on NetBSD.
Forcing kqueue to be used for file change and i/o loop by hacking up the
configure script allows it to be used.

It also works correctly, save for the messages:

Jun 21 17:22:13 intrepid dovecot: auth(default): kevent(10) in
io_loop_handle_remove failed: Bad file descriptor
Jun 21 17:22:13 intrepid dovecot: auth(default): kevent(12) in
io_loop_handle_remove failed: Bad file descriptor
Jun 21 17:22:13 intrepid dovecot: auth(default): kevent(11) in
io_loop_handle_remove failed: Bad file descriptor

This doesn't appear to cause any bad side effects though, as logging in
and mail notification both work just fine.

	ScottE