[Dovecot] 1.0 RC1 status

J.M. Maurer mmaurer at betterbe.com
Wed Jun 21 12:09:28 EEST 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 02:30 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Today I finally caught up with my mail. I've now read all the mails from
> the Dovecot list from this year and all my private mails from last few
> years (totaling around 500 unread mails).
>
> If you think there's still something I should have replied to, please
> re-send it because I've either missed it or just skipped it for some
> reason. (Except there are still a couple of mails from this week I've
> yet to reply to.)

Not sure if I sent this before, but here it goes again:

We are having a lot of problems with Outlook 2003 (and, but I couldn't
verify this) Outlook 2000 when using dovecot + IMAP. Outlook 2002 works
like a charm.

The problem is best described as totally random disconnects. Hitting
Send/Receive a couple of times usually makes it work again, sometimes
not.

Does anyone experience the same issues, or is it just us again? :) For
now, and I'm totally guessing here, I think that 2003 and 2000 expect
some wacky NOOP behavior.

Cheers,
  Marc