[Dovecot] Re: Dovecot servers / SAN

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jun 19 17:24:27 EEST 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 09:43:26PM +1000, Dean Manners wrote:
> Hey guys,
>                     Wondering if anyone out there has any input on running
> Dovecot with SAN storage.  Its coming to the time where we need to run load
> balanced servers, and past experiences steer us away from a NAS.  Tips /
> pitfalls ?

It probably depends more on the filesystem you're going to pave over
your SAN. I had a test setup with three nodes over GFS (which from
dovecot's POV is simply a local POSIX compliant fs) for a couple of
weeks and it worked fine. But for other reasons it never went into
production, it was only stressed under lab conditions.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net