[Dovecot] dovecot and thunderbird

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 18 00:39:39 EEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 11:56 +1200, Mark Davies wrote:
> We've been using dovecot for a while now (currently 1.0beta7) and it works
> nicely.  We have just one reoccuring problem:
>
> When using thunderbird as the imap client sometimes when messages are moved
> from the inbox to other folders (including Trash) they shortly thereafter
> reappear in the inbox - this can happen multiple times to the same message.

Could you verify if this still happens with beta9? It sounds like either
the deleted-flag doesn't get written to the mbox or the expunge command
for some reason doesn't remove the messages.

Since you use NFS, do the users randomly move around in different
servers? Does Thunderbird open multiple connections to the same mailbox
which might be transferred to different computers?