[Dovecot] Dovecot not responding to CAPABILITY command

Ryan Hinton iobass at email.com
Sat Jun 17 21:58:37 EEST 2006

Thank you for the patch, my mail server is up and running again.  Now I
am back to my previous problem: I am not able to log in with
Thunderbird.  Thunderbird issues the capability command which is not
answered by Dovecot.  Here is a session transcript using openssl s_client.

* OK Dovecot ready.
1 capability
* OK Waiting for authentication process to respond..
2 CAPABILITY
* OK Waiting for authentication process to respond..
quit
* OK Waiting for authentication process to respond..
QUIT
DONE

The first time I tried it worked fine.

* OK Dovecot ready.
1 capability
* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SORT THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT
LITERAL+ IDLE
  CHILDREN NAMESPACE LOGIN-REFERRALS AUTH=PLAIN
1 OK Capability completed.
QUIT
DONE

But every other time I tried it failed like the first example.  Any
suggestions?

---
Ryan Hinton
iobass at email.com