[Dovecot] How to open only these dovecot ports?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Wed Jun 14 18:57:23 EEST 2006

Hello,

I have not clear, due to the new syntax, how to configure dovecot 1.0
to listen only for the following combinations of ports and services:

no pop3, from whatever host

accept imap connections only if coming from localhost (since I
	understand this is secure _and_ the only way to make
	squirrelmail talk to dovecot)

listen on the internet only for imaps and pop3s connections, accept
them only if DIGEST-MD5 authentication succeeds.

Thanks in advance for any explanation,

	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

We shall serve God, family and country, in that order, because without
the one before it, each would perish.