[Dovecot] Plain and MD5 passwd for the same user?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Tue Jun 13 19:30:36 EEST 2006

Hello,

I'm running dovecot 1.0-0_12.beta8. Since I have only a very small
number of user on that server, I have their names and password in text
files, no databases.

imap works both via webmail and via Kmail

Is it possible to have, for the same user, a plain unencrypted
password when connecting via imap on the local interface (needed, as I
understand it, to be squirrelmail compatible) and a DIGEST-MD5 one
when connecting via pop3s or imaps remotely?

TIA,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge.
                                      -- John Naisbitt, Megatrends