[Dovecot] DBMail versus Dovecot (was: Using MySQL to store email?)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 13 09:43:52 EEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 18:12 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> On Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:07 AM -0400 Charles Marcus
> <CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com> wrote:
>
> > A reference to DBMail was among the first responses, and there have been
> > others.
>
> Has anyone compiled a comparison of Dovecot to DBMail? Why would I chose
> one over the other?

I think their goals are quite different. Don't know if any such
comparisons would be all that useful.

Or I guess I can give you one difference: Dovecot tries very hard to be
secure. DBMail then seems to keep adding SQL injection security holes. I
said about this to them a few years ago and they fixed them, but now
that I looked at the code a few months ago they had added more of those.