[Dovecot] Maildir++ implementation issues.

Apps Lists appslists at neonova.net
Mon Jun 12 18:52:51 EEST 2006

Hi Timo and crew!

I'm doing more testing with Dovecot and Maildrop today and have run across
some strangeness.

It appears as if Maildrop stores updates to the maildirquota file in a way
that causes Dovecot to ignore them.

In my test scenario, Dovecot just rebuilt my maildirsize file to the
following:

0S
86213796 108

After delivering a few messages through Postfix -> Maildrop and have the
following maildirsize file:

0S
86213796 108
        5102            1
      387708            1
        5093            1
      382406            1
        3550            1
      268337            1

Note the pretty formatting.  These are spaces.

Unfortunately, Dovecot seems to ignore these when reading the maildirsize
file in maildirsize_parse().  It appears to be using sscanf to look for
numeric entries:

                if (sscanf(*lines, "%lld %d", &bytes_diff, &count_diff) != 2)

I've read and re-read the maildir++ specification at
http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/README.maildirquota.html and can't
understand why Maildrop implements things this way.

Steve