[Dovecot] About RH patches and 1.0beta8

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 11 21:22:04 EEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 17:06 -0400, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
> http://dl.atrpms.net/all/dovecot-1.0-0_10.99.beta7.el4.at.src.rpm
>
> patch: dovecot-1.0.beta2-mkcert-permissions.patch
> calls 'chown root.root', is good to have the certs owned by root?

I guess, but isn't mkcert.sh run as root normally anyway? And if user
doesn't want to run it as root, chowning doesn't work anyway.

> patch: dovecot-1.0.beta2-pam-setcred.patch
> is dissables the call to pam_setcred() because there is no other
> call to pam_setcred() in order to release the resources

I kept the functionality, but it's now enabled only if setcred=yes PAM
option is given in passdb args.

> patch: dovecot-1.0.beta2-pam-tty.patch
> it add a call to pam_set_item()
>
> I don't to attach the patches to the list, but I can if anyone could not
> extract them from the .src.rpm

I tried to figure out a while how to unpack it, but gave up. I could
look at the pam_set_item() patch, and if someone knows what it's really
useful for I'd like to know that too :)