[Dovecot] Problem Compiling Dovecot-LDA

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Fri Jun 9 14:40:48 EEST 2006

Interesting, that just before you guys replied, I found the solution,
and was about to email it to the list!

> I think that this problem is related to these automake warnings:
>
> automake: src/libsieve/Makefile.am: not supported: source file `../map.c' is in subdirectory
> automake: src/libsieve/Makefile.am: not supported: source file `../imparse.c' is in subdirectory

It is directly related to these warning!

tim at mafeking:~/src/dovecot-lda$ ./autogen.sh
configure.in: 4: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not `AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
configure.in: 11: automake requires `AM_PROG_LEX', not `AC_PROG_LEX'
automake: configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'
automake: Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
configure.in: 4: required file `./[lda-config.h].in' not found
automake: src/libsieve/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`../map.c' is in subdirectory
automake: src/libsieve/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`../imparse.c' is in subdirectory
automake: src/libsieve/Makefile.am: lex source seen but
`AC_DECL_YYTEXT' not in `configure.in'
automake: configure.in: installing `src/libsieve/ylwrap'

Automake version is 1.4. I upgraded to 1.8 and (on clean src again) I
get the following.

tim at mafeking:~/src/dovecot-lda$ ./autogen.sh
configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in: installing `./missing'
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
src/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
configure.in: installing `./ylwrap'

make && make install work fine!

So I'm not sure if we need to ensure people use automake1.8, or if
something can be changed so that it works with automake1.4.

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956