[Dovecot] Using MySQL to store email?

Lorens dovecot.fdop at tagged.lorens.org
Tue Jun 6 15:53:52 EEST 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 05:38:41AM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> So Timo,
>
> Have you considered the idea of storing all the email in a MySQL
> database? Seems to me that MySQL could somplify all the backend stuff
> that everyone struggles with and with replication one could create very
> massive and reliable systems. What would it take to use MySQL that way?

PowerMail does that, but unlike PowerDNS there doesn't seem to
be loads of users / testimonials / active mailing lists. It's
open source though, so you can download and try it out :-)
PowerDNS by the same author is definitely best-of-breed, a
must-have if you'd like your DNS in SQL.

http://www.powerdns.com/en/products.aspx