[Dovecot] Dovecot configure script for 1.0b8 not including SQL drivers?

grant beattie grant at grunta.com
Tue Jun 6 02:23:56 EEST 2006

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 05:57:36PM -0400, Will Buik wrote:

> I am having a problem with the configure script for Dovecot 1.0b8.  It
> doesn't seem to be compiling in sql engine driver support.  I have
> specified --with-sql and --with-pgsql but when the script is done it
> says "Building with SQL drivers ..............:" but lists no drivers
> afterwards.  I tried compiling it anyway but it logs the error "
> auth(default): Unknown database driver 'pgsql' " so the it defiantly
> didn't get compiled in.  My pgsql includes and libs are in a non
> standard location but I specified that in the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS
> before the ./configure invocation.  What have I done wrong here, or is
> there a bug in the script?
>
> The whole invocation is:
> CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/openssl-0.9.8b/include
> -I/usr/local/pgsql-8.1.4/include'
> LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/openssl-0.9.8b/lib -L/usr/local/pgsql-8.1.4/lib'
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/dovecot-1.0b8
> --sysconfdir=/etc/dovecot --localstatedir=/var --with-ioloop=eooll
> --with-notify=dnotify --without-pop3d --with-storages=maildir
> --with-sql --with-pgsql --with-gnu-ld

what does config.log say? and does it report any problems with
finding openssl?

the problem may be that the shared libraries can't be found at
runtime, in which case you will need to set the rpath in the binaries
that are built. you didn't mention which platform/compiler you're
using, but this is done using the -Wl,-R<directory> argument for gcc
and Sun Studio compiler/Solaris ld, at least (-Wl passes the next
argument to the linker, -R tells the linker to include this path in the
binary's rpath).

grant.