[Dovecot] vpopmail

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Jun 5 19:04:03 EEST 2006

Not a good idea. <http://home.pages.de/~mandree/qmail-bugs.html>

> which receive mail from Pine running on the laptops.  SMTP server
> would have SMTP level virus and spam check to counter this problem.

Euh, "alleviate" the problem at best. Virus scanners only work against
known viruses. The gap between a new one and your virus scanner being
updated can be several days too long for SMTP... the problem starts as
the first Windows laptop joins your network, and by then, the
POP-before-SMTP problem will be forgotten.

--
Matthias Andree