[Dovecot] vpopmail

Marcus Rueckert rueckert at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Sun Jun 4 21:30:11 EEST 2006

On 2006-06-04 17:28:36 +0000, C J Kenneth Tan -- OptimaNumerics wrote:
> I see the argument.  The objective here is to allow relay by Linux
> laptops running qmail which receive mail from Pine running on the
> laptops.  SMTP server would have SMTP level virus and spam check to
> counter this problem.

msmtp. you can teach pine to use that instead of the
/usr/(lib|bin)/sendmail binary. it handles that problem nicely for you.

otherwise mtas like postfix can talk smtp auth to other mail servers
aswell. [1] [2] [3]
Even Qmail can do it some how: http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html

darix

[0] http://msmtp.sourceforge.net
[1] http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#client_sasl
[2] http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.62/doc/html/spec_html/ch33.html#id2656623
[3] http://www.sendmail.org/doc/sendmail-current/cf/README
    search for: Providing SMTP AUTH Data when sendmail acts as Client
    (do they know about html already?)

--
           openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
               openSUSE is good for you